New Delhi : Biju Janata Dal MP Dr. Sasmit Patra in Rajya Sabha today raised several issues concerning Odisha’s development and pending with the Centre which Hon’ble CM Shri. Naveen Patnaik has been repeatedly raising with the Centre.
1. Inclusion of Sambalpuri/Kosali and Ho languages in 8th Schedule of Indian Constitution
2. Second AIIMS Hospital of Odisha in Sundargarh District
3. Establishment of Odisha Vidhan Parishad
4. Special Category Status for Odisha due to facing natural calamities
5. Establishment of Shree Jagannath International Airport at Puri
6. Telecommunication coverage as 2235 villages in Odisha dont have coverage
7. Banking coverage in 70 percent Gram Panchayats not present, Banking coverage needs to increase
8. Issues of Coal Royalty, Clean Energy Cess and Coastal Highway are pending as well.
He hoped the Centre would take due action to expediting these pending issues.